Ford E-series 4×4 conversions
We offer 4×4 conversion parts and services for ’92-’14 E-series vans utilizing the proven radius arm suspension and heavy duty Dana 60 front axle from late-model F-series Super Duty trucks. Our conversion is comprised of the fewest custom parts of any 4×4 conversion out there and the remaining components are off-the-shelf Ford or aftermarket parts. This makes serviceability extremely easy and any shop familiar with the F-series trucks can work on your 4×4 converted van without hesitation.
We designed our conversion parts to provide very stable handling and unmatched ride characteristics. Suspension geometry is especially important with the radius arm design as the caster (steering axis inclination) changes throughout the suspension travel. Too little caster and the vehicle can become unstable and have a tendency to wander in the lane. We’ve designed in enough caster such that the van retains adequate geometry throughout the suspension travel and tracks straight even on rough roads with minimal driver input. The ride is smooth and comfortable due to the progressive coil springs and Fox shocks.
All of our conversion parts are CAD designed and CNC manufactured to ensure proper fit and superb finish. We powder coat our parts with a multi-stage process to prevent rust and promote a clean, factory look.
Benefits of our conversions:
- Fewest custom parts of any conversion available
- Simple, bolt-on installation, no welding required
- Service items are all common Ford (or aftermarket) parts from the F-series trucks or the E-series vans
- When you use a front axle from a 2013 or newer F-series truck, you get the biggest brakes available (14.29″ rotors)
- Clearance for up to 35″ tires with no fender trimming
- Manual or electronic-shift-on-the-fly transfer case
- Compatible with Advancetrac/RSC (if equipped)
- Smooth, comfortable ride and stable handling
Engine swaps/transmission conversions
Whether you want to upgrade from a V8 to V10 or modernize your van with the Ecoboost twin turbo engine or turn your van into a torque monster with a Cummins turbo diesel, we can make even the most complicated engine swaps look like factory installations. Our in-depth understanding of vehicle drivetrains and electrical systems enables us to seamlessly integrate engines and transmissions into the E-series chassis and help you realize your performance goals.
Some potential conversion options:
- Upgrade 5.4L V8 van to 5R110W 5-speed transmission
- Upgrade 6.8L V10 to 6R140 6-speed transmission
- Convert any 4th generation E-series van to 6.2L Raptor V8 and 6-speed auto transmission
- Convert any 4th generation E-series van to 3.5L Ecoboost and 6-speed auto transmission
- Convert any 4th generation E-series van to 5.0L Cummins and 6-speed auto transmission
- Convert any 4th generation E-series van to 6.7L Cummins and 6-speed auto or manual transmission
Expovans Ultimate E-series
With good diesel vans becoming harder and harder to find, we at Expovans are proud to offer our Ultimate E-series Van conversion package. This package combines our 4×4 conversion with one of our 4th Generation Cummins engine swaps and a full interior build out. These extensive builds require us to go over every nut & bolt and every square inch of the vehicle in order to create a turn-key, expedition-ready van.
The Ultimate E-series includes:
- 2010+ Ford E350 Regular or Extended body van (we can source the van for customers and eliminate the headache of searching)
- 4th Generation 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel and 6-speed transmission (transmission options available)
- Expovans coil/radius arm 4×4 conversion
- Extended range rear mounted fuel tank (up to 55 gallons for EB vans)
- Complete body-off-frame restoration and reconditioning of chassis and body
- Underfloor and interior sound deadening and thermal insulation
- Choose from one of our gorgeous standard interior layouts (upgrades available)
- Many custom options and accessories can be added on